Friday, September 21, 2007

Danville Darwin Awards

I am pleased to announce that nominations are now open for the first annual Danville Darwin Awards. These awards will go to the activity, person, or idea within the Danville Public Schools that borders (or crosses) on the ridiculous or is just plain stupid. Several people have suggested that I open it up to all the city agencies however there is so much it must be manageable award procedure. As such I have narrowed the focus to Danville Public Schools. Perhaps in the future the “awards” will be expanded to other agencies but for now I will focus on DPS. So much fodder…..so little time.
Here are the rules. You, the readers, nominate a policy, idea, decision, belief, or action by a school board member or an employee or most importantly a central office administrator. The nomination must be an item that deceives the public, wastes public funds, is a down right lie, or seems to indicate total lack of caring for students, employees, or the public. I know…so much to choose from! All nominations must be verifiable, true, and be able to be documented. This is not “Incredible Stories That I Wish Had Happened.”
The nominating committee (me) will review all submissions and choose the ones that make the awards (hey its my blog!). The awards will be featured in a future issue. I have heard many nominations already that are public knowledge. Don’t worry if you are a school board employee I will protect your identity (as well as any other person who submits a nomination). Make your submissions by October 12. Send all items to Savetheschools2@aol.com . Make them good, it should be an interesting awards ceremony. I thought of holding them at the Institute but geez who can afford the rates! Well I guess I could get the state to sponsor it then it would be paid for by the public.
Thank you for the many kind comments to the blog. As my daughter says, “If it’s the truth, it needs to be known.”
Don’t hesitate, send in your nominations today!

No comments: