Monday, August 10, 2009

Ramblings from the Peasants

Well I have received more response from the computer dump picture then just about anything else. I guess a picture is worth a thousand words! Interesting that it was immediately cleaned up and the stored mulch is now being sent out to schools. I really hope this is not falling back on the maintenance department. From what I have seen this department is the only one that seems to function relatively well. I guess not being in the Concrete Palace allows their brains not to be sucked dry. I wonder what kind of cuts they have had to endure? I wonder how they keep their sanity while the queen and her court hand down ridiculous edicts?

People have suggested that I am hitting my head against a wall and that nothing will change. Maybe not but at least I can say that council and the school board knew it but chose to do nothing. Let them live with the scarlet letter of shame for knowing and turning a blind eye to the problem. How many times do you have to shove their face in it before they respond? Has no one on either board have a backbone? When the whole district blows up not one of them better dare go on the record saying “I never knew…….”.

There is another interesting blog to look up. Its www.fixdanville.com . This extremely interesting site points out the many things that need to be fixed in Danville both in public and business locations. Take a look at send in your own nominations.

Don’t start lining up for jobs at the white mill just yet. As a skeptic I will wave the flag when they start moving dirt and actual construction gets under way. I wonder how they come up with the employment figures and salaries without a known tenant? Is this another example of “goosing the figures” that the city administration is so famous for?
Let’s look at the Yorktowne factory. The employment there never reached anywhere near its projections. The same is true for Luna Technologies. The politicians constantly quote the “7,000 jobs have been brought to Danville”. That’s PROJECTED jobs. How many are actually on the ground and filled? Not anywhere near that number. I would suggest the city stop using questionable numbers that never come to be. Who do they think they are, the school board? Oh that’s right, they only release numbers at their third Friday morning “special meetings” not at the televised first Thursday public meeting. Not to say the Friday meetings are not open to the public. Everyone can attend a 7:30 AM meeting on a Friday. Oh gosh, I forgot, some people have real jobs! Wouldn’t it be something if a lot of people started showing up at the Friday meetings? Jeez, they would have to change their meetings to Wednesdays at midnight………

Well school has started for the year round students. I guess the Concrete Palace monsters are slowly awakening from their summer slumber and looking around like bears yawning from a deep hibernation and saying, “What can we screw up now? Who can we eat? “ Stay out of their way! Remember council members, don’t feed the bears! I look forward to the start of another athletic season at GW. Any bets on when the first screw up will occur without an athletic director? Won’t take long I imagine…….

So brace yourself oh weary citizens, the monster is at the trough. Only time will tell what they slop out onto the floor.

Tune in next time for “Tales from the Crypt-or the IT Department” Send in your subjects and information to savetheschools2@aol.com.

No comments: